Saturday, September 3, 2011

Parksville Wedding/Comox Valley Photographer

It was a blustery, beautiful, West Coast day; entirely appropriate for this Parksville couple who so love the sea.  I hadn't met Darren and Kelly prior to their wedding day, but Kelly and I had exchanged several emails leading up to the event, and I had spoken with their officiant, Barbara Densmore.  I had a sense of what the wedding would be like, but I had no idea that the couple, the setting and the ceremony would be so ridiculously beautiful.  Really.



Photographers are beauty-seekers, so you can imagine how exciting it is when a photographer is completely surrounded by gorgeousness!  That's how I felt at Kelly and Darren's wedding.  Everywhere I looked; at the scenery, the bride and groom, the guests, the piper, the flowers, the kilts, and yes, even the seaweed......I saw beauty.

There were also many elements to the ceremony that were lovely.  For example, every guest had an opportunity to hold the wedding bands and bless them, and everyone present threw a wishing stone into the ocean for the couple.





 I am grateful to Kelly and Darren for trusting me to document their truly spectacular day.  I wish you smooth sailing and a lifetime of happiness together!




































































3 comments:

  1. What amazing photos, Karen! As a Wedding Celebrant, I have performed many unique ceremonies. This one was perfect for Darren and Kelly.

    And you captured it so so so beautifully!! These photos are simply outstanding.

    It was a TRUE JOY to work with you. You were professional, attentive, flexible and uber-creative. I hope we get to work together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment Barbara! I was equally impressed with your talents as a celebrant and creator of those lovely vows. I would also welcome the chance to work with you again! Kelly and Darren were indeed fortunate to have you marry them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    I guess we are a bit late, I guess married life makes us busier. Both of you did a fabulous job, the photos captured the moment wonderfully, we couldn't have asked for more. Barbara did a great job helping to create and executing the ceremony, and the pictures showed the joy and meaningful thoughts not only of our own but our guests as well. The bride and groom don't get to see the actions of the guests during the ceremony, but you captured those meaningful moments so perfectly. Thank you so much.
    Kelly and Darren

    ReplyDelete