Monday, July 30, 2012

Third Time Mama | Comox Valley Maternity Photographer

When my friend Allie approached me about taking some maternity and newborn shots for her third pregnancy, I felt very honoured.  I knew that she hadn't had photographs taken of her blooming belly with her two previous pregnancies, and I was thrilled to document her beauty.

We went for a walk in the woods behind Allie's house; a place she visits daily with her dog and her daughters.  Her youngest daughter Kirra was with us for the first few minutes of our session, and I took a few snaps of her interacting with Allie.  When she picked one of the wildflowers to show her mom it was one of those perfect, spontaneous moments that photographers live for!




Allie's husband and dog arrived to collect Kirra and soon we were on our own.  As I was photographing Allie in all of her pregnant splendour, I felt compelled to zoom in and fill the frame with her face. Yes-she is a loving mother, and yes-she is a beautiful pregnant woman, but she is also a stunning woman.


After our time in the woods, we decided to take a few photos in my studio before calling it a wrap.  (Stay tuned for the newborn photos where Allie's gorgeous little boy makes his debut!)


2 comments:

  1. Another wonderful set of stunning photos and people. Well done Karen, you truly are a professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good to me, Neil! Thank you kind sir!

    ReplyDelete